Sleepy Search

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shade Bridge Garden

This was my shade bridge garden. Aptly named because it was shady with a bridge separating it from the front lawn. The largest tree that provided the shade had three main trunks and last year, one broke off at ground level so we had to cut it up. The rest of the tree seemed stable but we did wonder if it was going to get weak from the loss. Then earlier this year, half of the tree beside it came down in a thunder storm. Last week, the rest of the largest tree came down and yesterday, the rest of the second tree came down as well. So, shade bridge garden no more and we will have to see what the sun brings here. I am thinking there are at least one or two plants that will have to move but spring will tell. Gordon brought a chain-saw home for the weekend and tomorrow we will be cutting, stacking and burning to create our new sun bridge garden.

2 comments:

  1. Sun Bridge Garden - I like that! I's always be happy to have more sunny spots but I know you have lots already.
    >Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun is always good. I have lots of shade too. For some reason, I have an urge to paint that bridge red now. I am going to resist that for this year because it seems like the kind of thing I may regret!

    ReplyDelete