Sleepy Search

Friday, October 14, 2011

Time for Bed

It is time to drop the last of the tulip in, get the few shrubs still sitting in pots into the ground and get the garden ready for its' winter sleep. All putting the garden to bed really invovles is watering everything really well and tossing all the leaves from the drive and lawn onto the beds. We had three days of rain though and eventhough it did not rain today, it was grey and overcast so everything is wet. Before the rain came, I got this catmint bed and one other by the drive completed. I need the rain to stop long enough to get the rest done. It should take about 2 days total so I should be able to squeeze that in somewhere between now and snow. The upside is that at least I can skip the watering part. 

2 comments:

  1. I just love all your little stone gardens. We just got a couple of basics done...driveway gravelled and the garden shed is nearly complete. This cold weather has me wanting to stay indoors. The Spring should bring lots of new photos of changes to the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The series of raised rock garden beds that I call the boardwalk garden was here when we moved in. I have changed all the plants but the structure remains the same. Unlikely I will change it because it is over 3 levels leading up the house which is raised from the rest of the yard. Seems like a perfect place for that garden. I can never decide if spring or fall is my favourite season. Not to discount summer but they tend to be hot here and sometimes I wilt with the garden :)

    ReplyDelete